Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hualien




Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I went to Hualien for a few days over the weekend. Hualien is a really nice place to go. It has the beach, and 30 minutes away are the mountains. The mountains aren't like anything I have ever seen before. I went so high up in the mountains that I was eye level with the clouds within the mountains. I don't know if they were really clouds, or just oxygen but it wasn't really like how it is in the Smokey Mountains. I don't know how to explain it.

In Hualien there are rice fields overlooking the ocean too. Hualien is a famous place to visit for going to the beach, but more for going to the mountains and bike riding. There are other sights to see here too. I also saw a Tropic of Cancer marker, a famous ice cream factory in Taiwan, and a tourist farm. Oh yea, I even went to a little night market that Nicholas Cage was at! I saw his autograph on a vendor's sign, so I ate there as well.

Next weekend I am going to go to another place in the mountains that is famous for hot springs. I am excited about going there too! See you guys later.

No comments: