Saturday, November 8, 2008


Hey everyone,

It is starting to get a little bit colder here. When I say a little colder I mean instead of it being 80 something and really humid its maybe in the upper 70s and still humid. At night it gets a little chilly when I ride on the scooter. I like the weather here right now because its not cold to me and there is also a nice breeze. During the day it is really hot, so I will wear shorts, but at night it gets cooler so I might wear pants.

Last night I went out to eat, and at the restaurant I ate some really really good chicken. It reminded me of something from P.F.Changs maybe. It was Kung Pow chicken. I don't know how to spell it. It was a little spicy and very delicious. It was cooked with peanuts and other stuff, and I have to say that it reminded me of something I would order in a restaurant in the US.

Oh yea, I thought I would tell you guys somethings you should get use to if you were to come here. I thought of a lot, but I actually can't remember most of them.
1. Some toilets are only a hole in the guard. It is really common in a lot of countries not just Taiwan.
2. The entrances to the bathroom have no doors. For example, in the guy's bathroom anyone can look inside of it and see you washing your hands or using the urinal.
3. People don't move out of the way for the ambulance or police cars. The police and ambulance have to move our of everyone's way even if there is an emergency.
4. Spiders are as big as my hand!
5. Every classroom uses a microphone, so when we were in school our teacher would have been holding a microphone while he/she spoke.
6. A lot of electronics aren't cheaper. I don't know if its true with everything, but for example Apple computers are the same price. The same thing with the brand Giant Bicycles. Other electronics are still the same like cameras, mp3 players, dvd players, and stuff.
7. People use the peace symbol with their fingers a lot. It means they are happy when they take the picture.
8. Everyone, including businesses take a lunch break at the same time. So that means schools from elementary to college and everyone else. You can still go inside the business and shop, but they will be eating lunch.

Thats all that I can think of for now. I know a lot more stuff, but I forgot it.

Talk to you guys later on.

1 comment:

Ren said...

Hey bro, this is Rene. Hope you don't mind in me dropping in and reading your blog. How have you been, its been a long time. Though I feel its just been since yesterday that we were still hanging in knoxville, i tend to lose track of time alot. My sister told me about your blog site and you sent me a text message through my phone, but left an incomplete email address. I hear your in japan now, wow, your lucky. Do people over there compliment your eyes alot too, lol. How tall are you now, I'm probably like up to your shoulders. Man, its crazy how you growed up so fast and you graduated college too. Sorry for not being a part of that. Ann told me that your planning on moving to California. You should take some Martial Arts classes over there, with your long reach, you would do really well. I hear your searching for your fortune too, if I see anything I will let you know. I always wanted to come visit Tennessee again, but I am afraid no one will be there like I last remembered it, I guessed its best left in my memories. Anyways its good hearing from you again, and knowing that you are doing well. I hope to hear from you again, my email address is earthpro@aol.com