Sunday, November 2, 2008

Traditional Market


Hey guys,

Tonight I went to a traditional night market. I like it there. Its different from the other night markets for some reasons. One is that it is a lot smaller and the vendors aren't spread out. I like that because it makes it seem more crowded. The vendors still sell the same stuff like clothing and food, but one thing that the traditional night market has that I love are games!!! They have a bunch of them like shooting balloons with a gun, throwing darts, ring toss (my favorite), bow and arrow at balloons, throw a baseball at some targets, and several others. I spent about $20 on games tonight I have to say. I didn't mean to, but it just happened. I like to play all of them.

The ring toss is by far my favorite game. I'm not going to lie...today I won 8 prizes from it!!! That's pretty good. The ring toss is a little different than the ones back home. Here, you toss the rings on the prizes. So for example, there will be a lot of random prizes and if you want a toy you have to toss a ring on its head. It's actually pretty hard, and I think I just got lucky today. The prizes I won were just cheap toys though, but hey I still won a lot. The traditional market is fun, but if there were no games here I probably wouldn't enjoy it as much. Also, there were no foreigners there. Cherry told me they don't really go to traditional markets.

I forgot to mention that on Halloween I saw a terrible accident. I've heard that a lot of people on scooters get in accidents, and they do because I have seen several right infront of me. Also, cars will hit scooters, but drive off! It actually happens quite often at night. Well, it happened on Halloween and the guy on the scooter was knocked out. Blood was coming from his mouth and his body was twisted in a way it shouldn't have been. He was on the street knocked out. It was really bad. Whenever people get in accidents here, people always help them. People helped the guy on the scooter ASAP, but the car was no where to be found. It's pretty bad but it always happens.

Ok well thats it. Talk to you guys later.

No comments: