Thursday, November 6, 2008

Travel


This is a rice field, but maybe it is hard to see.

Hey guys,

So hows everyone doing? Obama won, and it has been on the news here. I had a feeling he would win because he was everywhere. I mean he was in songs, magazines, tv, and lots of other stuff. I know McCain was too, but I don't know how to explain it but I just felt that the majority of everyone wanted Obama to win. I actually did know too much about McCain or Obama. The only thing is that I really know is from what people have told me.

Anyways, I wanted to talk to you guys about my future traveling ideas. Well, I have a long list of places I want to see in my lifetime. Since I am in Taiwan, it makes it a little easier and cheaper to travel to countries near here. I am planning on going to Hong Kong/Macao for about 5 or 6 days in December. I haven't made any details yet like hotels and the date, but I will soon. I know of one place I want to go to in Hong Kong which is a huge Buddah. It is pretty famous, so I want to check that out. I will also go shopping and sight seeing, you know that kind of stuff. In Macao, I plan on gambling again. I hope I win.

So that is one plan I have, and after that I want to go somewhere else. I don't know when but soon, I want to go to the Philippines. I think it should be fun to go there and check things out. After that I want to go to Japan. My friend lives there and said I can visit him, and he lives in Tokyo too which is cool. So those are my 3 travel plans that I have.

Maybe you guys remember me telling you but I also want to go to two more places. One is Thailand and the other is Bali. I think both should be really fun. Bali is a really nice beach place. I really love the beach. I think I like it the most out of all the types of places like the city, country, and the mountains.

I still plan on traveling around Taiwan more. My top three next stops that I want to go to are a beach in southern Taiwan, hot springs in the mountains, and to eastern Taiwan for beaches and moutains. I hope to do that soon.

What else is there? Oh, I plan on buying a bicycle this month. It should be very useful here. Another thing about bikes here are that there are a ton of different styles. I mean not just mountains bikes. There are bikes for every situation you can think of. Some bikes are cheap of course, and some cost as much as a new scooter. I guess to make things short there are two types of bikes I am looking at. One is for the roads. Of course theres a lot of different styles and brands and prices for every type of bike. I figured I won't be going to the mountains to ride, so I should buy one mainly for the road. The other type of bike I am looking at is also for the road, and I really like this one. It might look strange to us at first because I have never seen it in Knoxville, but it is really small. You would think its for a kid, but its for adults. The thing is is that you can fold it and carry it with you. It was made for the city and also so you can carry it inside your home or subway. Its pretty cool, and there are different styles and kinds to this too. One of the problems I have heard about bikes here is that they get stolen pretty often, so thats why I was thinking about the small bike. The only problem with the small bike is that it is harder to go longer distances because there aren't as many gear and the tires are maybe like 1/3 of a normal bike's tires. I will have to check it out more and see. I thought it would be cook to bring the little bike back home to Knoxville, but I don't know.

Ok well, I will talk to you guys later on. See ya.

No comments: