Sunday, September 27, 2009

Something Interesting I Saw

I wanted to let you guys know about something interesting I saw. Too bad I didn't have my camera with me because it would have been great to show you guys.

Ok so here is what happened. I was going to school with my dad, and one of the roads near the school is a two lane road with houses at one end and the other end there is a lot of construction. My dad and I are about 3 cars back from a slow moving truck. The truck is one of those big trucks that takes up more than 1 lane, and it also has a big hook on it. I'm not for sure, but I think it was a crane. Something about this road was that for one thing the traffic lights go across the road just like a lot of roads. Another thing this is that there are signs over the road telling where certain things are like the school and a museum near the school. It is just a normal road. Another thing about this road is that the power lines go across the road too. The lines also go along the road as well.

Then all of a sudden we noticed that the truck's hook grabbed onto one of the power lines, and it pulled it. It didn't bring it down or anything; it just really pulled it. This was around 5 PM so people are outside and the road is kind of busy. Everyone sees it happening except for the people in the truck. Then the truck just keeps going, and the hook grabs another power line and this time it completely breaks. Now the power line is just hanging there kind of swinging a little bit. Now everyone is just kind of shocked at what the truck is doing. The truck doesn't stop though. It just keeps going a little bit further, and this time it grabs onto another power line and totally uproots one of the telephone poles. At this time the truck stops and three guys jump out. They look confused like what just happened. The truck went a total of maybe like 15 yards from the first power line to the last. If the truck kept going, it would have hit signs and even more power lines. It would have also hit street lights.

It was hard to believe that the people in the truck didn't notice what was happening. Also, almost everybody in the world would have noticed that the truck is way too big to be on that road. Everyone noticed except for those guys in the truck.

Ok well that was something interesting that I saw this past week. Ok I hope everything else is good and talk to you guys later.

No comments: