Monday, October 13, 2008

Hi Folks


Hey everyone,

So how is everyone doing? I am pretty good. I just wanted to give you an update of what I am doing. First, I have to say that there really isn't too many jobs here for foreigners unless you can speak Chinese. If you could speak Chinese, I am sure you can get a good job here, or anyway in the world actually. So my options for jobs are limited to really only being a tutor or a teacher. Don't get me wrong. Being a teacher or a tutor is actually a decent job here. I mean with the money. You can easily make more than $15 an hour here. If you aren't getting paid that much, don't take the job and look at a different place because people here will pay you well for teaching English.

I actually don't teach at a school or something though. I did for a little bit, and I made really good money. There wasn't anything wrong with the school or the other teachers. I just wanted to do something else that's all. So if any of you were thinking about maybe teaching in a different country for a few months or a year I would say go ahead and do it because we are young and you won't get to do it when you are older. I didn't want to do it when I am 35 years old and married. I couldn't do that. I think it is a good way to travel and also figure out what you want to do with your future. You don't have to teach in Taiwan because lots of other countries want teachers.

Anyways, so what I do now is help my dad out. I go to classes with him and talk with the students. I consider myself something like a helper I guess. If a student needs some help with something I can help them. I like doing it because the people are really nice. So what I do is I go with my dad to school and stay there until we come home. At night I might hang out with my friends and that kind of stuff. I enjoy doing it, and it is what I want to do right now. It gives me a chance to hang out with my dad and stuff.

Oh about the picture....all I was thinking when I saw this was LOOK OUT BELOW!!! There were two guys putting up an AC I think and the ladder was pretty ratty too. I couldn't walk through it because the alleyway is only big enough for 2 people.

No comments: