Friday, October 3, 2008

What did I do for my Birthday?



Hey everyone,

Yesterday was my birthday, and I enjoyed it. Around 6 PM I went to go out to eat with Cherry. I ate so much that I was feeling kind of bad, but it was ok. She told the restaurant that it was my birthday so when we were done eating the meal that sang me the happy birthday song and gave me a good piece of cake. It was kind of embarrassing though because the place was crowded and they also wanted me to sing with them and stand up.

After that, Cherry and I went to go bowling with her brother and sister. Her brother is pretty good at bowling and he could do some tricks with the ball like spinning it different ways. The second game we played I only scored something like 65 points. I started to try and spin the ball too, but it didn't work out too well. There aren't too many bowling alleys here, and the only one I know of is actually kind of cool. I think the ones in Knoxville are only so so, but maybe it's because I have been to them a lot. The bowling alley here is also an arcade place (with nice arcades if that makes sense), upstairs is ping pong, about 20 pool tables, and also there are batting practice things upstairs. The patting practice here is really popular. It's not the kind of batting practice like in a batting cage because it is a little different. You pick the speed of your ball and there's I think maybe 8 different speeds. Well, I guess its the same back in the US but it's still different. Anyways though, my friends Bobby met up with us there too.

After that, Cherry, Bobby, and I went to this really nice lounge/bar/live music place. I guess I will give you some background on Bobby. He is from New Zealand and speaks just a little bit of Chinese. He could get around town if he wanted to with his Chinese. He loves snow boarding and he travels around the world snowboarding. Since there really isn't any snow here is he going to be going to Colorado for I think he said 7 months. He is a really cool guy.

So we went to this place and it was really really nice. I should mention that the bars/lounges here are really really nice. They aren't like Knoxville at all, so don't picture a Knoxville bar. Knoxville doesn't have lounge that I know of. The lounges/bars remind me of the ones from Las Vegas. I say this because all of them that I have been to are really nice and relaxed. The people dress up nice when they go to them and the environment is good. I think it is the same if Las Vegas. I haven't seen a lounge/bar here that is like the ones in Knoxville. I don't know if they exist here. You can bring your little purse dogs with you too if you want. I saw that. You know what I mean by purse dogs? Those dogs that fit in your purse.

Ok, we went to this place and it was really crowded and everyone was having a good time and there was a pretty good band on the stage. You could also request songs for them to place, so I requested Hotel California. The guitarist in the band played an awesome solo during the song. I had a lot of fun there. Since it was my birthday, I got a free cake! It was a lot of cake and we couldnt finish it. I would go back to that place because it was nice and you can go there to relax and hang out.

So that is what I did for my birthday. Today I am actually going to go out again and buy some gifts, so that should be good. Oh, and I forgot to mention that I had a haircut on my birthday. Haircuts here are really good because they are all salon type of places and you get drinks and a massage when you get a haircut. I don't know if you guys can tell but my hair is gelled up kind of like a Taiwanese pop singer. It thought it was funny, so I kept the gel in it all day.

Ok well enjoy the picture and I will talk to you guys later.

No comments: