Monday, October 6, 2008

Out Shopping


Hey guys,

Yesterday I went shopping at the store. They are having a sale, so there were a lot of people. When there is a sale here, it seems like everyone about it and wants to go shopping. I went to the store early so it wouldn't be so crowded, but it was still early when I went there around 11 AM.

I don't really know what a definition of a mall is but I think Taichung would have a few malls. They have individual stores, department stores, malls, and markets. I think instead of calling a mall a mall here people say department store. When I first heard that I thought oh okay I'm going to a place like JCPenny. I was wrong. The department stores here aren't really department stores like what we are thinking of. They are maybe like a mini mall, with a food court and a nice movie theater. It seems that all the department stores have a movie theater.

Then there are malls, but these malls aren't really like what we are use to. There might be something like 13 floors for the mall, but its set up differently. Some floors are just for make up while others are for men and women. That's how it's set up. Also, for example, in the men's section of the mall there is a Levi's part. Levi's has its own part on the floor but you don't walk into a new room to go inside the store if that makes sense? Mostly all the stores are on the floor and only separated by their own clothing. It is a little different. So just picture a mall without all the extra doors and walls for most of the stores. You would walk into each store freely.

Anyways, so I was shopping, and I went this one part where they were selling jeans. Then I picked some out that I liked and tried them on. I liked them, but they were too long for me. I guess I couldn't buy them....Just joking. I bought them. They would customize the jeans you wanted to your length. It took about 10 minutes for her to do that. I thought that was pretty cool. So all the jeans just come in the size and then the length they customize it to the way you want. It costs about $50 for the jeans which is like going to the GAP or something. I got some more things too. The sizes here are also a little different, so instead of getting a medium like I would in Knoxville I have to get a large. Some people when they come over here are actually too big to buy some of the clothing. I mean your selection is limited. They might have your size but don't count on it.

So about this picture. I don't know what to think about it. I saw these eggs like this at the market and I was like huh? I think it looks like of cool. Ok talk to you guys later on.

No comments: