Monday, October 20, 2008

My Sweet Weekend
























Ok guys this is probably going to be a long post. ENJOY THE VIDEOS AND PICTURES!!! p.s. I don't know what videos I put on because I can't tell which ones they are until I post them. p.p.s. It takes awhile to upload the videos so I'm sorry if they aren't good ones, I got like 10 videos of the concert and like 30 pictures.

Sorry guys, but I tried to put more videos on but they are too big I think. I wish I could put more on because I have like 8 more.













So first I guess I will talk about what I did in Taipei. My first day i went to the northern part of Taipei. This is along the ocean and its different from the the main city of Taipei. Life here is still really busy, but it is more of a rural place (not really the rural we are thinking about). I should say it is more relaxed than the city life.

Let me also say that there is A LOT to do in Taipei. I have been there 3 times now and I still see thinks that I want to see. The thing about Taiwan and Taipei for example, is that you can drive down any street and there are things to see on every street. I'm serious! So Taipei has a subway system and its huge! In three days I only got to see like 5% of Taipei.



So on Friday I went bike riding along along the coast and it was very very nice. It was cheap to rent a bicycle, so I rented one for 2 hours. In Taiwan, it is very popular to ride bikes, and Taipei has a pretty good layout for bikes. Like I told you guys before, it is very popular here for people to bike around the entire country of Taiwan.

So after that I got a foot massage that hurt, and I also went shopping and played carnival types of games.

Saturday was a really nice day too. I went shopping at this market that is known for being a little cheaper than other markets. Cherry bought her outfit for the Lil Jon show. Saturday night was really exciting...I got to see Lil Jon. He was at this famous night club called Luxy. It is really nice in there. Cherry and I wanted to get there a little early to check it out and that kind of stuff. About 30 minutes after we got there, the place was so crowded you couldnt even really walk in there. Everyone was having a great time with the friends and stuff. Luxy is split into two different dance floors that I saw. One of them for hip hop and one for electronic music. I liked the hip hop area better, but both places where really nice. Another thing about Taipei is that there are lots of foreigners here. I know Taichung has some too, but there is a lot more in Taipei.

So Cherry and I wanted to get a good view of Lil Jon when he preformed. I guess I should say there is a stage where the DJ is and infront of him was the dance floor. Luxy is also pretty popular because I heard that Jay-Z even came and preformed here. Eventually Lil Jon came out and it was crazy. He sang all his hit songs and everyone was having a great time. He had another person with him but I forgot his name. He helped Lil Jon rap. Do you remember I said my friend had a VIP area? Well, Cherry and I wanted to be right next to Lil Jon. The VIP area was really nice too, it was along the dance floor, but I told Cherry I want to be as close as possible. Sometimes they would throw water at the crowd which was good because it was sooooo hot, but the bad news was that some water got on my camera and the lens wouldn't open. I fixed it though don't worry mom.

Oh, I should mention that before Lil Jon two Taiwanese rap groups preformed and they were really good. This one guy had dreadlocks like Lil Wayne which I thought was cool.

So this club reminded me one the ones from Las Vegas because it was really nice and there were lots of people in there. When the show was over I met up with my friend in the VIP section for a little bit then we all left. It was a really fun place. I'm glad Lil Jon came here because originally I was going to see Linkin Park with Cherry, but the lead singer got hurt and had to cancel all their shows in Asia and in Las Vegas. I was sad, but Lil Jon came instead!

On Sunday I went to a temple ontop a huge mountain. I had to walk up a lot of stairs and there were monks there too that live there. It was actually really busy here, but I didn't see any foreigners. Cherry told me they really don't go here. At the temple you can see a nice view of the entire city of Taipei, but if you go to a different spot you can see some mountains of Taiwan. At the temple you can also do some hiking. There is a lot of hiking and parks in Taiwan. I mean its 2/3 mountains. We couldn't go hiking though because it was going to get dark soon and the hike would take 2 hours easily one way.

After the temple we went to another market and they had some really good food. I guess when I saw a market in Taiwan you might think they are all the same, but they really aren't. They sell the same types of things like clothing and food, but everyone market is famous for something.

So anyways that was my weekend and I hope you guys enjoy the pictures and videos. Talk to you later.

No comments: