Saturday, December 6, 2008

Country Cooking


PLAN B



Hello,

The other day I went out with my friends to one of their homes. She lives in Taichung County, and it is pretty nice out there. There's a lot of rice farmers out there.

Let me tell you what we did. We used her family's field and dug a big hole in the ground. We then had to dig up some dirt to make a wall going up. After that we would start a fire, and let it sit until the dirt we used for the wall was really hot. Then, we put the food in the hole. The food was sweet potatoes, chicken, corn, and another potato. We of course wrapped the food up so it wouldn't get dirty. Then, we smashed the wall to collapse it onto the food, and we would let it cook for a few hours. That was what we did, and it was a lot of fun. I got to hang out with some of my friends and have a good time.

When the time was up to check the food we all went out to see it. There was one problem...the food wasn't even close to being cooked. By this time, from start to finish it was about 4 hours. We then went to plan B which was a BBQ. We dug up all the food and unwrapped it and started to BBQ it.

It was a lot of fun and we played games and that kind of stuff. Here are some pictures.

The next day was graduation pictures at the school where my friends are. I took a lot of pictures with them which was fun. They do graduation a little different here in Taiwan. One of the things they do different is with pictures. I don't know about other universities in the US, but over here they take pictures according to departments, so for example, the English department would all take pictures together. Also, they all dress up a certain way for fun. My friends dressed up like scholars.

One more thing to talk about. I joined this hip hop dance club at school. It is a lot of fun. Everyone in it has been dancing for awhile. For me, it was my first time to ever learn how to dance, so I am really really really bad. My friends are in it too, so they help me out.

Ok that's it for now. Talk to you guys later.

No comments: