Monday, December 1, 2008

Hey Guys

Hello,

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I think I've been a little busy, and there hasn't been too much going on here. I'll give you a quick rundown of what I've been doing for these few days. I have been going to play basketball a little bit more. I will go alone and find people to play with. There are always people playing there, so it works out great. On the weekend, I rode my bike for about 3 hours total. I was pretty tired. I started off riding it on the busy streets, but then I was getting a little nervous after a car almost hit me. I started to ride on the roads next to the main street. Taichung (where I live) is set up pretty much like a grid, so it is pretty easy to get around. The only problem is that I can't read any signs. What else did I do...I went out with my friends which was fun.

On Thursday I am going to do something different. I don't know what it is called, but some of my friends invited me to go out for lunch, but the part that is different is how the food is cooked. They were trying to explain it to me but I haven't seen this style of cooking before. What I will do is dig a hole in the side of a hill and then start a fire in it. Then i will put the food in the hole once the fire dies down. Then I cover up the hole, but just the entrance of it. I don't know if it makes sense or not. They said it will take about 2-3 hours to cook depending on what the food is. Anyways, it sounds pretty good because they said we will have chicken and potatoes.

On another note. I sometimes play basketball here, and if you know me, I like to shoot 3 pointers. So when I'm playing here I usually always still do that...but it was just informed to me that the 3 pointers still only count as 1 point! The games people play here are 3 on 3 up to 6 points, and no matter where you shoot from it only counts as 1 point. I guess I wish I knew that earlier because I like to shoot 3 pointers. I thought it was funny though because I was playing a guy 1 on 1 and I thought I had won the game, but he said nope. I made 4 3 pointers in a row, then I said, is the game not over? He then said nope, and that's when he told me 3 pointers only count as 1 point.

Ok anyways, sorry if this stuff doesn't make sense. I will talk to you guys later on.

No comments: