Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Singing Competition

Hey everyone,

Today was the final round of the singing competition. I thought everyone did a pretty good job, and it looks like everyone wanted to have a good time. Sorry I still don't have any pictures yet.

It is getting colder here little by little everyday, and it starts to get dark around 5 PM here. Also, mosquitoes are biting me like crazy! Tomorrow I should have more interesting news because I will go out to eat in the county. I will take some pictures too.

I noticed that the rice fields here were harvested. From what I have seen, the farmers plant the rice. When they plant it they drench the field in water. It seems like the water doesn't soak in for awhile. I have passed this one field every week and for 3 weeks now and there is still water there. Maybe the farmer soaks it every day or something. Then it just seems like the farmers don't do too much labor. I will see them walking up and down in their fields, but I really haven't seen too many tools. Later, around this time of the year they get the rice, and they also burn their fields when they get all their rice. I was wondering how much do the farmer get for their rice? I also don't know too much how to farm and the plant, but from what I have seen, it seems like a rice farmer might require a little less labor than other types of farmers.

Ok guys, I will post some pictures later on. See you.

No comments: