Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Giant Buddha


Hey guys,

I just wanted to talk about my experience with the Buddha statue. I just want to say that it really was huge. It was sitting down, and I heard there will be 2 new Buddhas built that are even larger than this one in different countries. This one was at the top of a mountain, and you can get here several ways. One way is to hike from the bottom of the mountain up to statue. It looks like a really nice hike because you would get to see beautiful mountains and the trail is paved too. I would say it would take a good 2 - 3 hours to do. Another way to get up is driving which is normal, but the other way to get up there was with a sky tram. I actually forgot what it is called, but you guys know what I am talking about. It was really nice becuase I got see pretty views.

Also over there you can do a little gift shopping and stuff of course. There is a monastery next to the Buddha which everyone visits. This is why the Buddha was created in the first place, because the monks wanted to have one. I went to the monastery and had a vegan lunch. It was a little less filling than what I am use to, but still it was good.

Overall, my time up there at the mountain was nice. I was glad I got to go there because I have seen pictures of it, and I've heard it was a nice place to visit.

Ok well, I hope you guys are doing good. Christmas is coming up soon, but over here it doesn't feel like it. I will talk to you guys later on.

No comments: