Monday, September 8, 2008

Basketball

So whats going on guys? I just thought I should give you guys an update of what Im doing. Well, Taichung is still pretty cool. I really do enjoy it here.

Lately at night, I have been going to play basketball at this one university. Theres maybe like 20 courts there. Pretty cool. It has lights there to play at night. Not many people play there in the afternoon because it is soooooooo humid here. Its like 100x more humid here than in Knoxville. So anyways, I'm not going to lie...I am pretty rusty at basketball. I'm going to say I'm awesome and all this stuff, but I would like to say I am so so. I really just enjoy to play it and hang out with my friends and stuff even though they are better than me. Ok so, knowing that...imagine me playing basketball here. I am serious though, there are a lot of players here. A lot are quick, have a jump shot, and can drive the ball. So what can I do? Well, sometimes I have kind of a shot and I can make a jump shot. I think I can pass decently too.

Ok now let me tell you guys about some games. I still dont know exactly how basketball is here, I mean with the pick up games. I think it goes like this though...there are hardly any 5 on 5, and its like 99% of the time 3 on 3. People dont play to 15 or something like that because I think they play to maybe 10. The games go by fairly quickly. So that is pretty good for people waiting for the next game. Ok so really, I guess maybe because I am a foreigner or something, but I can join any game. You have to just tell the guys I want to play and they say ok cool. They are really nice here, and I haven't been turned down for a game yet.

Ok so the games...you guys know that I get nervous when I play basketball right? I mean when I play with people I don't know. When I play with you guys I just like to have fun and stuff. So ok, imagine me walking on this 40 court cement place that is humid as crap and I am the only foreigner here. I am pretty nervous. I scope out the place looking for some guys that aren't terrible but that aren't ballers either. So anyways I find people to play with pretty quick and we are playing and they give me the ball......and I airball it. Im not going to lie but yesterday I played maybe like 3 or 4 games and I shot maybe 10 shots total and I airballed maybe 4 of them. I felt pretty but it was fun.

I just really enjoy the game even though I suck sometimes. I played again today and I was a lot better and I wasnt as nervous. Ok well thats it. Bye

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Show them how to dunk! That's what I would do.

Glad your having a good time. Tell your Dad and Cherry I said hello.