Saturday, September 13, 2008

Typhoon Continued...



Whast up people? So the typhoon is still going on here. Well from what I think it, a typhoon is similar to a hurricane but maybe weaker? I'm not too sure, but thats what it seems like. Something I do know is that when a theres a typhoon here...it seems like there arent too many people that live here. I mean it just constaly rains all day and night, but the rain isnt just a nice little rain...i mean it rains hard. Lots of places get flooded from watching the news, and the wind is terrible. When I was walking outside you can see the rain blowing one direction then you see it going another way. It was cool. One thing I do want to say is that you know its bad here when people dont drive their scooters. The roads look a lot emptier because there are far less scooters. People really cant drive them because they will litteraly get blown down by the wind. The wind is pretty strong.

Ok about the pictures...I just wanted to upload some graffiti pictures. I like to take pictures of graffiti because I think they are kind of interesting. Even though people put them places that are bad like buildings and stuff I still just like to look at them. Anyways you guys can look at them too. Theres not too much graffiti here because Im sure if they were caught they would have to pay big time here.

Ok, about something else. Theres a little holiday here too this weekend. It kind of sucks for the people here though because theres a typhoon. The holidy is called Moon Festival, and I forgot the story behind it, but it goes something like...well i actually dont remember any part from it. What people do to celebrate it is they eat with their families. They actually have a BBQ. The taiwanese BBQ is great I love it. The food is really good...well the meat. So today Cherry invited me to do it with her family and I was pretty nervous...

So we went there in a taxi because its really impossible to ride the scooter. And I keep asking her questions to see if I will like the food or not. It makes me feel better. So I would ask her, " Is there going to be chicken " that kind of stuff. Well, there wasnt any chicken but there was pork, and I love pork too. Let me think what they had...tons of pork, corn on the cob, shrimp, fruit, vegetables, bread. That kind of stuff. Well I ate a ton of the pork because it was so good. They cut it into pieces and grilled it with some sauce on it. It was delicious. But then you know her family is there. Her mom, dad, older brother and his family, and her older sister was there too, oh and some neighbors. So of course...they were offering me lots of different food. Oh my god there was so much food. But even though I am a picky eater I really dont like to turn down food because I feel bad. But I had to this time, well sort of. I turned down some food and some I ate.

Lets see what I ate...some kind of...like. Let me think. I dont know the name of it and I have never seen it before but its some kind of vegetable. You grill it and it kind of reminds me of a long onion maybe? It doesnt taste or smell like an onion, its just white like one. Thats maybe a bad way to explain it. But I ate a few bites of that, and it tasted like nothing. I also had some corn on the cob which was pretty good. I had some watermelon........now i'm not a big fan of watermelon but I wont turn it down. It really didnt taste like the watermelon we are use to. Ok and I had this other fruit that looked like an orange/grapefruit thing. It was so so. I had some other food but I think it is kind of boring to talk about that. Cherry would bail me out though when they offerred me some things I really wouldnt even touch.

Ok well I will post again soon. Have fun today.

No comments: