Monday, September 22, 2008

Dogs

Hows it going?

I guess today I wanted to talk about dogs and cats here. A lot of people here have pets, and it seems like a lot of people have the really small types that you carry around like Paris Hilton. Thats ok with me I guess. Its kind of strange though because they will carry them around anywhere they go. I don't think theres a law that says No Pets Allowed because they will bring them into stores and restaurants. They will only bring the little ones to the stores and stuff.

The only thing is that there are so many stray dogs and cats here. And no people here don't eat dogs or cats. I don't know where people do if people even do it at all. I think if people are extremely hungry and maybe they will eat almost anything, but I don't know if I could.

So yea there are so many stray dogs here. I really think it's because people will get a dog and have it for like a year or so and then the dog will either wander off alone one day or the owners just throw it out. I think this because many of the dogs I see walking around have collars still on them. There are also a lot of stray cats, but I think that probably true in a lot of cities. It's kind of strange though because I have seen a few cats with their tails cut off. I don't know why.

I have a few stories about the stray dogs. One is that today in class a stray dog litterally walked into my dads class while he was talking. It walked to the front of the room looked around then left. It was weird because the building is really nice and new and there are a lot of people in the building too. Another little story is that at the market the other day I was getting food from a vendor, and all of a sudden this dude goes behind the vendor and starts yelling at this golden retriever under a little table. I was kind of shockec because he was really angry and yelling at it. The dog had a look on his face like I'm sorry please stop yelling. So anyways, this guy starts kicking and hitting it as hard as he can. I know it because I could hear him hitting the dog on the head. I mean I can hear the thump sound. Then he graps the dog, and it comes out from under the table and it follows him back home. It doesn't have a leash or anything.

But thats about it for stray dogs. I just see a lot of them here and I wanted to tell you guys about those two stories. See you guys later.

No comments: